Assay Assured is the world’s first digital trust mark for online jewellery retailers.
Since the launch of Assay Assured in June 2012, we’ve had an overwhelmingly positive response from retailers. Assay Assured was created to encourage and promote good practice among online jewellery retailers while offering an independent means by which consumers can buy jewellery online with confidence.
Make sure you comply before you apply by following our guidelines.
Retailer’s due diligence
Make sure that the precious metal items you are selling meet with the UK’s hallmarking requirements.
- Check the precious metal weight of each product line and make sure it carries a hallmark if it exceeds the mandatory hallmarking weight.
- Ensure all suppliers are made aware in writing that articles above the mandatory hallmarking weight must be hallmarked.
- Spot check product that should carry a hallmark on receipt from suppliers and prior to dispatch to ensure it is compliant.
Ensure that any branded product is genuine and not counterfeit.
- Deal directly with brands or their authorised agents.
- Avoid obtaining branded product form a source that can’t be verified.