Assay Assured is the world’s first digital trust mark for online jewellery retailers.
Since the launch of Assay Assured in June 2012, we’ve had an overwhelmingly positive response from retailers. Assay Assured was created to encourage and promote good practice among online jewellery retailers while offering an independent means by which consumers can buy jewellery online with confidence.
Make sure you comply before you apply by following our guidelines.
Retailer’s due diligence
Make sure that the precious metal items you are selling meet with the UK’s hallmarking requirements.
- Check the precious metal weight of each product line and make sure it carries a hallmark if it exceeds the mandatory hallmarking weight.
- Ensure all suppliers are made aware in writing that articles above the mandatory hallmarking weight must be hallmarked.
- Spot check product that should carry a hallmark on receipt from suppliers and prior to dispatch to ensure it is compliant.
Ensure that any branded product is genuine and not counterfeit.
- Deal directly with brands or their authorised agents.
- Avoid obtaining branded product form a source that can’t be verified.
Accurate product description
The 1973 Hallmarking Act provides a list of permitted descriptions in order to ensure that consumers don’t get mislead.
- State the metal: gold, silver, platinum or palladium.
- Include the fineness: e.g. 9ct, 18ct, sterling silver etc.
- If the article is plated with another precious metal then say so e.g. Gold plated sterling silver.
- Do not use misleading descriptions: e.g. gold clad, 18ct gold vermeil. These terms are not approved by the Hallmarking Act and can lead to consumers believing they are buying something they are not.
Clear information for consumers
- Explain in simple terms what hallmarks are and what they look like.
- Make sure the information makes the most of the independent nature of hallmarking and the commitment that your business has to independently verifying precious metals.
- State clearly that you only stock genuine brands.
- Include a link to the official dealers notice.
Mistakes can be made by both retailers and consumers. Assay Assured aims to work for either party to resolve queries relating to its code of conduct in an impartial and transparent manner.
Assay Assured offers consumers and Assay Assured retailers an opportunity to refer any queries about a precious product sold by an Assay Assured jewellery retailer directly to Assay Assured for arbitration, providing:
- The consumer has contacted the retailer first.
- The query relates to the Assay Assured jewellery retailer’s code of conduct.
If the item is found to comply with the code, Assay Assured will cover the costs of arbitration. If the article does not comply with the code the retailer will cover the cost of arbitration.